Volunteer Chartered Professional Accountants preparing personal tax returns for individuals in their communities who truly need assistance.

The Personal Tax Preparation service is available at no charge* by volunteer Chartered Professional Accountants. 
*Fee for printing: $2.00 per tax return

Dates: Tuesdays - February 28; March 7; March 14; March 21; March 28; and April 4, 2017; six sessions in total.
Time: 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Location: 700 Lawrence Ave. W., Suite 226  (Lawrence Square Mall, 2nd floor)


  • Individuals without dependents must have a gross household income below $30,000
  • Individuals with dependents, including a spouse or equivalent, must have a gross household income below $40,000

Volunteers do not prepare complex returns. such as returns for individuals who:

  • Have self-employment income
  • Have business or rental income and expenses
  • Have capital gains or losses
  • Have employment expenses
  • File for bankruptcy
  • Are deceased within the year

To book your appointment, please call 416-784-0920.

Tax Preparation Assistance Checklist

What you need to bring:

A 2016 tax return form
A  copy of completed 2015 income tax return and 2015 Notice of Assessment .
Social Insurance Number for you and your spouse/common-law partner
List of dependants and birth dates (day, month, year). Social Insurance Number for each dependant (if available)
Details of spouse's income and dependant's income
Date of marriage or separation (if in 2016)
Details of any alimony and maintenance payments received or paid
If a new immigrant, date of arrival in Canada
If first time buyer,details of home purchase

New reporting for 2016: If you sold a principal residence and no capital gain because you are eligible for the full exemption, the following information on the sale is required: the year of acquisition, the sale price or amount you received for the property and the description/address of the property.

All receipts of income, for example:
Salary and wages T4
Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity and Other Income T4A (Scholarships)
- Old Age Security T4A (OAS)
- Canada Pension Plan benefits T4A(P)
- Employment Insurance benefits T4E
- Registered Income Fund income T4RIF
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan income T4R SP
Interest and Dividend payments TS 
- Statement of interest trust T3
- Worker's Compensation/Social Assistance Payments TS007
- Universal Child Care Benefit Statement  RC62
- Working Income Tax Benefit Advance Payments Statement RC210
- All foreign income receipts/statements
- US Social Security Statement (including the year client(s) started collecting)

All receipts of expenses, for example:
- Property taxes and/or details of total rent paid during the year and all addresses of places of residence during the year and name(s) of landlord
- Child care expenses (plus caregiver's Social Insurance Number) - including Form T778
- Medical expenses
- Charitable and political donations
- Child fitness, arts and other qualifying activity receipts
- Public transit passes and receipts, and electronic payment cards
- Union or professional dues
- Tuition fees/education amount (T2202/T2202A)
- Student loan interest
- RRSP contributions
- If this is the first year of claim, or if the previous one had expired, a copy of the disability certificate Form T2201
- For a senior (65 or older) or non-senior living with a family member who is a senior, include receipts for permanent home modifications that improve accessibility or help the senior be more functional/mobile (e.g., grab-bars installed in the shower or bathroom)