Are you a senior (55+) and caring for a family member, friend, or neighbour?
Interested in being matched with a volunteer who speaks your language?
About the Friendly Visiting Program:
- "Mentors" are matched with senior caregivers ("partners") to provide 1-to-1 support through social interaction, resource-sharing, and community navigation
- Based on your schedule, mentors will call or visit once a week for a minimum of 6 months (at least two in-person visits per month).
- Mentors are adult volunteers (18+) who speak English and other languages
- Youth volunteers will also be matched with senior caregivers to teach computer skills and to benefit from the knowledge and experiences of older adults
- We will match you based on the partner’s goals and your common interests
- Mentors will not provide respite or cleaning services
- It’s a free program! There will be opportunities to meet peers, form activity/interest groups, and attend educational workshops
If you are a caregiver or know a caregiver, contact Shova:
To volunteer as a social mentor/friendly visitor, contact Marisanna: