GIRLS MEDIA SUMMER CAMP
Are you a girl aged 9-18 who:
- Wants to learn how to code?
- Create a stop animation film?
- Make new friends?
- Learn leadership and job-ready technical skills?
JOIN US THIS SUMMER! JULY 11 - AUGUST 18
*Only 15 spots! Priority will be given to active Village Bloggurls members
Register online between June 7-June 23:
For more info, contact Jean:
(416)-783-5300 ext. 5241
What is the Girls Media Summer Camp?
The Girls Media Summer Camp is a free media-making and mentorship program for girls aged 9-18. Older girls (13-18) mentor younger girls (9-13) in order to create a supportive space through activities, trips, discussions, and digital media making. Snacks are provided at each session. This program is funded by the Canadian Women’s Foundation.
The purpose of this camp is to equip girls with the critical thinking and technical skills to produce their own media, such as podcasts, websites and short films. Our goal is for participants to gain a sense of pride, increase their self-esteem and develop a meaningful connection to other girls in their community.
Online registration can be found in the description above; click 'REGISTER NOW'.
Registration forms must be fully completed, up to date, and returned to staff in order to attend any trips or do any special activities. If any information changes, staff must be notified as soon as possible.
The camp runs every Tuesday and Thursday 12pm-4pm in the ANC Office (109 Lotherton Pathway) from July 11 – August 18 unless otherwise stated on the calendar. Every other Wednesday (July 19, August 2, August 16) will be a trip. Each camp participant is expected to come on time. If you will be absent on any day, staff must be notified a day in advance.
4 Benefits to Being in the Girls Media Summer Camp
- Creating relationships with other girls in your community
- Develop critical thinking, media production and leadership skills (that look great on a resume!)
- At the end of the program, you will have a chance to join the Village Bloggurls program!
Discussion & Reflection: We discuss topics that are related to gender such as gender identity, self-care, body image, media literacy, race and issues around the world.
Art & Media Production: We will be creating digital artwork, blogging, podcasting, mapping and more!
Trips: We have some fun trips lined up for you!
- Full commitment to the summer camp
- Follow all rules, procedures and norms
- Model behaviour that reflects the kind of safe and supportive space that helps us all do our best
- Participate to your fullest capacity possible
- Communicate with staff and participants regarding absences and other needs
How to contact staff
(T) 416-783-5300 ext. 5241