Give Back on Giving Tuesday!
On November 28, people all over the world will be taking part in Giving Tuesday to celebrate the idea of giving back. It's a day that encourages people to come together around the charities and causes they believe in, and reminds us that each and every one of us can have a positive impact in the world.
At North York Community House, your generosity makes a big difference. This year, over 20,000 people will come through our doors to access the programs and services we offer. With the support of our community, new immigrants and refugees will receive free, one-on-one settlement help; immigrant professionals will develop their skills for workplace success; newcomer youth will feel more welcome in their new schools; and families will be encouraged to get active and stay healthy.
Take a look at some of what we've been able to achieve in the past year:
- 13,000+ newcomers were supported with their settlement in Canada;
- 1100+ residents joined our Healthy Living programs;
- 400+ newcomers were supported in their job search;
- 1400+ participants shared their political voice through our Democracy Talks activities.
In donating to NYCH, 90% of your gift goes directly to the programs and services we offer, making it an integral contribution towards building strong, vibrant communities. Here's how your donation will help:
- $12 will provide two hours of child care for a pre-school child
- $50 will allow a child to take part in an after-school program three days a week
- $120 will provide three individual or family settlement counselling sessions
- $200 will pay for a 30-hour women’s leadership training program for one woman
- $450 will provide a 35-hour digital storytelling training workshop for one youth