It's that time of year again...
No, we're not talking about Black Friday or Cyber Monday - we're talking about Giving Tuesday! On Tuesday, November 29, people all across the globe will be welcoming the Giving Season by rallying around their favourite charities and causes. Whether you make a donation or volunteer your time, it's a day to remember that each and every one of us can have a positive impact in the world.
At North York Community House, your generosity makes a big difference. This year, over 20,000 people will come through our doors to access the programs and services we offer. With the support of our community, new immigrants and refugees will receive free, one-on-one settlement help; immigrant professionals will develop their skills for workplace success; newcomer youth will feel more welcome in their new schools; and families in under-resourced neighbourhoods will be encouraged to get active and stay healthy.
Take a look at some of what we've been able to achieve in the past year:
- 100% of the 231 participants in our Employment Programs feel more confident and are able to market themselves more effectively
- 573 participants are involved in our Healthy Eating & Active Living activities, with 95% reporting that they are making healthier choices
- 372 students are learning English in our LINC classes, with over 70% increasing one or more Canadian Language Benchmarks
In donating to NYCH, 90% of your gift goes directly to the programs and services we offer, making it an integral contribution towards building strong, vibrant communities. Here's how your donation will help:
- $12 will provide two hours of child care for a pre-school child
- $50 will allow a child to take part in an after-school program three days a week
- $120 will provide three individual or family settlement counselling sessions
- $200 will pay for a 30-hour women’s leadership training program for one woman
- $450 will provide a 35-hour digital storytelling training workshop for one youth
MOST RECENT POSTS