The following are links to other social services and organizations in the community:
Daycare and Ontario Early Years Centres
- Child Care – Child care centre finder from the City of Toronto
- Ontario Early Years Centres – A place for parents and their children
- Centre for Independent Living Toronto (CILT) helps people with disabilities to learn independing living skills and integrate into the community.
- Abilities.ca - Linking people with disabilities to a world of resources.
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline – A 24-hour telephone crisis line for women in the province of Ontario.
- COSTI Immigrant services – community-based multicultural agency
- JVS Toronto – Every year, JVS Toronto helps thousands of clients find jobs; Whether new to the work force, or facing unemploymen
- Employment and Social Services – many employment resources from the City of Toronto
- Skills For Change
- Toronto Community Housing (TCH) – TCH is a social housing provider for low and moderate-income tenants, including seniors, families and singles, newcomers to Canada and people with special needs
- The Federation of Metro Tenants’ Association – Informs and educates tenants, provides referrals, does organization and advocacy work on tenants’ rights
- ESLToronto.ca – free or low-cost English Language Instruction
Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans
- The 519 Community Centre – offers a variety of programs and services; open to everyone with a special focus on LGBT programming;
- Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans Youth Line – Ontario-wide, peer support phone line for LGBTQ youth
Health & Mental Health
- Across Boundaries – a mental health centre that provides a range of support and services to people of color in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) – CMHA provides community support services, information, workshops, mental health promotion and advocacy.
- Distress Centre Hotline – 416-408-HELP (4357)
- Unison Health and Community Services
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- Settlement.org – Information and resources for newcomers to Ontario.
- Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration